So for some inperation on a topic tonight...I asked what do you not like...to my 15 year old kid.
So she answered...quaulifying. I asked are you serious? She said it takes too much time and bores her.
Pardon my daughter for being an idiot of the sport...but you know what...it does deserve a thought.
When I was younger, I hated street stocks. They took forever to qualify and it seemed they multiplied every weekend. The show for the night took longer and my patience would wear thin. But through technology the class of cars got better. Thus improvement.
Tracks and sanctioning bodies have done sooo much better now in how they handle qualifying. As much as i think every track should have a 1 lap chance, it simply cant't be done. With city curfews in order and much demand to have the race in by a certain time...we've seen qualifying turned into a draw.
However, thoughts have went into those that mattered. I welcome GPS.
GPS is the wave...and why not give it a chance. Lets face it. All the classes...their costs to race have went up. What makes things worse is they show up at the track...and are forced to draw for their starting position. It is not right. GPS makes it easier to get more than one car on the the track. Let them run 2 laps with multiple cars on the race track and do their thing. Let the computer do its thing.
It cuts down time and it allows for those who have limited budgets, but a good car, to be able to compete. Let technology do what it is intended to do...make things right.
No comments:
Post a Comment